Analysis and Opinion Articles about Germany’s International Affairs
New York | Dr. Cornelia C. Walther (UNICEF, POZE Network) reflects on the world’s response to the pandemic and Germany’s role in it.
India | Maj. Gen. Asthana reflects on the similarities and differences shaping Germany’s relationship with India.
- Sino-German Relations: Why Soft-Balancing Against the United States is ImpossibleMacau | Christine Cheng (University of Macao) critically argues against the occurrence of a strategic balancing between China and Germany in light of Trump’s isolationist policies.
- Escobar and Exits: US Troops in GermanyNew York | Jared Holst questions the purpose of U.S. troops in Germany and discusses the effects of their withdrawal.
- An Overdue Apology: German-Namibian RelationsWashington D.C. | Sam Selsky (Freedom House) calls for an apology for Germany’s mass killings from 1904-08 in modern-day Namibia.
- Post COVID-19: India as the Future Hub of German InvestmentIndia | Sahajveer Baweja (Legal Writer) argues for a deepening of financial ties between India and Germany.
- Germany Can Play a Vital Role in Bringing Peace and Stability to AfghanistanAfghanistan | Ehsanullah Zirak (ARG/Presidential Palace) discusses Germany’s contributions to Afghanistan that help to facilitate peace.
- Corruption ZeroMexico | Saúl Zenteno-Bueno (UN) discusses a German sponsored anti-corruption project in Mexico and its implications in the region.
- Germany’s Promotion of Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in AfricaMalawi | Tabia Kazembe (Gender Expert) discusses Germany’s work in Africa to tackle gender inequality.
- A Realized Opportunity for Enhanced German-Greek Police CooperationGreece | Dimitris Karapatakis (Hellenic Police) discusses Germany’s role in Greece with regards to migration and security.
- Germany’s Role in the Brazilian Cultural LandscapeBrazil | Sarah Goifman (Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais) discusses Germany’s Sponsorship and Internationalization of Brazilian Cinema.
Subscribe to The German Diplomat to receive the latest articles (without any ads)